Thursday, August 26, 2010

Mom & Dad Parrish Come to Visit!

We loved getting to play tour guides for the first time this past weekend! Mom and dad came for four days and we gave them a great tour. Here's a sample of all the fun things that you too can do when you come visit Portland:

Celebrate Carrie getting a job with dinner at a beautiful restaurant on the Willamette River waterfront. (Psst...I think she's excited)


Change the battery in Carrie's car.


Overindulge in amazing baked goods at the Helen Bernhard Bakery.


Stock up on all your model railroad needs.


Have an excellent happy hour at the Portland City Grille.


Enjoy the beautiful gardens and views at the Pittock Mansion.



Wait for and ride the train.


Buy flowers at the fabulous Portland State University Market.


Get beat by Matty at pool.


Take family portraits in Macy's.


Visit the wildlife refuge and farm country of beautiful Sauvie Island.


Indulge in Carrie's awesome cooking!


Play with other people's babies.


Squeeze in a quick walk to the rose garden down the street.


And of course, play a dozen games of Settler's of Catan (unfortunately I have no pictures, but who wants pictures of Matty gloating over his half dozen wins?)

Thanks, Mom and Dad, for an awesome weekend together!
Love ya,
Carrie (& Matty)

3 comments:

  1. You guys are so cute :). I keep looking at your house pics to see if I can see that tv stand I sold you upteen years ago ;). I'm assuming you already got rid of it...

    Love you guys - I'm so happy for you! Congrats to both of you on your new jobs!!! YAY!!!!

    Cyndee ><> (Ashkiphoto.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the pictures and we loved our visit. Have a good visit with Matthew and Stacey!

    ReplyDelete